Teaser OOH Campaign helps TATA CROMA drive its sales
Tata Croma is an electronic mega store, by the well known Tata group. Tata Sons has set up a wholly owned subsidiary, Infiniti Retail Ltd, to run Croma — its national, multi-brand retail chain. Infiniti has entered into a sourcing agreement with Australian Retail Company; Woolworths Ltd. The first Croma store was launched in Juhu. In the first 18 months, Infiniti plans to launch 30 such stores across the country. The stores will have 6,000 products across eight categories - Home-entertainment products & White goods, computers and peripherals, communication products, music, imaging products and gaming software.
1. Objective: Distinguish them in the electronic goods market on the basis of:
• Space: 16000 Sq ft Area
• Overall Brand Experience inside the store which the customer has never before experienced
• Variety: More than 6000 products across 8 categories
• Brand Name: CROMA from TATA enterprises.
• Pricing: Competitive
2. Creative Agency: Lowe
3. Outdoor Campaign executed by : Jagran Engage
4. Outdoor Campaign Objective: to create high TOM for the brand during launch and encourage trials drive footfalls into the store
5. Period: 21 days campaign (7-8 days Teaser campaign to generate curiosity among the consumers and then brand launch activity was for 13 days)
6. Date: 3rd October 2006 to 23Th October 2006
7. Media Selected: Billboards, Mobile Van, Utility, Bus back panels, Double Decker bus.
8. Innovation: Neon overlay at critical hoardings to highlight the brand name “Croma” and the main plank – “a TATA enterprise”
9. Impact: High TOM awareness and recall. On the very first day of opening of the shop they netted sales of Rs.2 Crores
10. Client Feedback:
Client satisfied with creation of both top of mind brand awareness & recall